- 3 barley rusks
- 10 tablespoons EXTRA VIRGIN OLIVE OIL
- 2 tablespoons fennel, finely chopped
- 1 cup cracked green olives (tsakistès), remove pits and cut flesh into small pieces
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon rind, freshly grated
- Salt, coarse grain, to taste
Use a bowl to mix the cut olives, fennel, lemon rind and salt. Dip the ‘Dakos’ rusks in water and then let them dry. Pour a little olive oil over them, sprinkle them with lemon juice and top them with the mixture of olives. Serve immediately.